For the last few days I have had a mounting pile of clean laundry to fold. My poor kids (and myself) have had to pick out our clothes from the pile and hope that they weren't too wrinkled to wear. So after my plans changed for the morning (I couldn't volunteer at Chad's class today as my friend was too sick to watch Halle and Sean) I decided I would finally conquer the mountain of clothes. Whahoo, what an exciting way to start off the day. I love laundry!!!!! (Make sure you say that last line with a hint of sarcasm).
As I was folding away, I noticed that the house was quiet, always a tell-tell sign that something is wrong. So as I went upstairs to see where Sean was I wasn't too surprised to see him up too no good again. My first hint of trouble was when I saw the refrigerator door open, then as I went further into the kitchen I saw my son bent over a carton of broken eggs. This is not an unusual thing in our house. For some reason Sean is just obsessed with eggs. (I have heard of AAA, but I am wondering if there is an EEE : Exsessive Eggs with Extreme mess.) Luckily, he had actually broken them all and contained the mess in the egg carton. Usually he just starts flinging eggs around the kitchen and it is quite the joy to clean up afterwards.
Unfortunately, I will have to take a little blame on this one. Last night for FHE we were discussing how being obedient like Nephi helps to keep you strong. So for a demonstration I let the kids drop a raw egg into a bowl and watch it splat open - representing not being obedient. Then I let them drop hard boiled eggs into a bowl and see how they didn't splat open - representing the strength we get from God when we are obedient. So, I guess Sean was just trying to have FHE again - it is nice to know that he was paying attention to at least one part of the lesson.
I had all but forgotten the egg incidence until I started preparing dinner tonight. As I opened my cupboard to grab a bowl, I noticed 4 more broken eggs in the bowl. I am glad I discovered that today and not several days from now. Gotta love that Sean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This afternoon I meet with some of my friends and their kids at the Children's Museum in downtown Spokane. It was so great to talk to adults and have a safe place for my kids to play and burn off some of their energy. They were also super excited that they had friends to play with there. Sean spent most of his time with the two displays that had water. Needless to say he was soaking wet when I brought him home.
I think the greatest part of my day were the love notes I received. Halle loves to color and write her ABCs. So throughout my day today Halle keep delivering me pictures and notes. She would sneak quietly into what ever room I was in, wait until I was turned away or not noticing her, then she would quickly throw the note in my direction and run away with a faint giggle following her trail. It is nice to be loved! It is nice to have kids that love me pretty unconditionally. It makes being a mom all worth it sometimes.
The kids beating on their dad. I am glad that is how they show their love for him. Me, I am happy with the love notes.
1 comment:
Lara, you are superwoman with your FHE idea. I will have to try that. My kids love cracking eggs too. They insist on doing it everytime we make cookies. I love your sean stories. They make me feel better about my life. Cute that Halle is sending you love notes. It's so fun to have a daughter.
Post a Comment