Only 10 days until Christmas - and I am still trying to instill in my brain that it is December, not November. The days just seem to go by faster and faster, especially with so much to do.
I did work really hard on getting most of my shopping done early this year (a first for me). And I love that I am not stressing too badly about being ready for Christmas. I also tried to simplify things a little - which is hard for me. My family always went all out for Christmas. But I have realized that simplifying gifts and being more organized and on top of things has really allowed me to enjoy more time with my children this year and also think more about the reason behind Christmas and what I can give of myself to my family and others.
To start the Christmas season off - we had a great Ward Christmas Party. We got to mingle, the kids got to do fun crafts and see Santa, the adults played games and then we ended with a nativity play put on by the primary. Jeraldine and Halle were asked to be the speakers (which thrilled them both to bits!!!!) It was a well rounded evening of fun, friendship, and Christmas spirit.
Grandma and Halle talk about each piece of the nativity.
Chad is excited to see Santa.
Sean talks Santa into letting him off the naughty list. (He is still holding on to his golden ticket from the Polar Express ride to the North Pole - he loved the train!!!!!!)

Halle is actually speechless.
Chris -mastree. One of the games was to decorate the bishopric up as Christmas trees.
The three dancing Christmas trees.
After the relief society program I met up with my book group gals and had some much needed girl time.
3 comments:
Great pictures. I'll put some of them on our poster I'm making for church tomorrow.
It all looks like so much fun! Waa!
What a fun party!! I love all the pictures. Thanks so much for your handy-dandy "store-cookies-in-the-garage-tip" you saved my life! ;)
Post a Comment