This week has been an emotional one with my in-laws taking off for their mission. We are so excited for them but also so sad that they wont' be around. I know there will be plenty of tears from my children when they finally figure out what going on a mission really means.
On Monday we got together for one last hurrah. We had a great BBQ dinner at Jeff and Linda's house. Then we celebrated Valentine's day with gifts and also celebrated my niece's Valentine birthday.
Happy 14th Birthday Alyssa!
Who wants to open presents?
The boys get puzzles and piggybanks.
The girls get heart-picture holders and piggybanks.
Thank you Grandma and Bompa! Have a great mission!!!!!
Then on Wednesday night, Herm and Jeraldine's last night here in Spokane, one of Chris' old high school friends drove by with a limosuine. He is just getting into the buisness (so give me a call if you want to use him) and drove by to say goodbye to Herm and Jeraldine. He (Tim) drove our family, Herm and Jeraldine, and Roger and Vonnie Reed around the nieghborhood a few times.
It was really fun. I've never been in a limo before - the kids had a great time. Lots of buttons to push, funky lights all over the place, two TVs. Why did we buy a minivan? We should have invested in a Limo!!!! (Wish I would have remembered to take a picture - I'll just have to have Tim drive us around again!)
3 comments:
We'll miss Herm and Jeraldine! Hope you survive the year without them. I am sure it will fly by fast! Chad's a cute little basketball player. It does sound a little bit better than soccer. Gotta love the indoors, especially in the spring.
How sad for you to send them off. But you will reap the benefits of them going.
Limos are fun in a sort of creepy, hilarious way. I rode in one for prom once and just giggled at all of us teenagers sitting there looking at with neon lights in the background. Maybe yours was more classy. Hope so.
A limo!! How fun. I feel for you sending your in-laws off on a mission. They are such great grandparents...but your kids will learn so much...and what a great example they will have to follow.
Your father-in-law was the highlight of Stake Conference for my kids...they didn't remember much else but they loved it when Herm said about Jeraldine "Isn't she Dandy?" That is the "in" word here. My kids love to say "Isn't mom just dandy!!" Hilarious.
Your pictures were fine!! I know I'll be practicing practicing...at least you have a decent camera.
Post a Comment