Monday, July 28, 2008

A Visit to Temple Square

We usually make it down to Utah at least once a year to visit with my parents. But we have never taken our kids to Salt Lake before. So we thought this year should be the year to do it.

We watched the movie about Joseph Smith at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and then took a tour of the Salt Lake Temple and visitor centers. The kids did fairly well at first and then crashed. They were either whining or running around like crazy. I wanted it to be such a great experience for them but all I felt was frustration.

I guess I just need a lot more patience and also need to let them grow up a little more before we try to do that again.

Chris and I are off to Ohio tomorrow. I can hardly believe it!!!!! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I'm so excited to see a new church site and visit with my in-laws. And after today I am also so excited to be traveling without kids - just Chris!!!! But I also get nervous because I really hate to fly and I really hate to leave my kids. So hopefully it will all balance out and I will be able to enjoy myself with out too much worry on my mind.

No comments: