Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Green Beans - They're a Magical Fruit

So, how do you decide what to have for lunch?



I let Chad and Halle pick two days a week to have school lunch. Obviously they want something they like and there are usually several choices that they like.



Chad's choices depend on whether there is desert served or not. (My kind of kid.)



And Halle, well she goes for any day that serves green beans. She doesn't care about the main item, desert or anything else. Just green beans. Yes, I have a strange child. To top it off she is a girl who doesn't like chocolate.

We always joke that between the three kids they eat a pretty balanced meal. Chad is our carnivore, Halle is our vegetable eater, and Sean loves fruit. So between the three of them they finish off a square meal.

2 comments:

andrea said...

That is hilarious. I still can't believe Halle doesn't like chocolate. My cravings for it have intensified over the years. I used to be able to take it or leave it but now I take it. Her dislike of chocolate and love of beans should serve her well.

Lucy said...

Very funny. I like green beans too, but admit to liking dessert even more.

I like your system. My kids only eat hot lunch when I'm frazzled in the morning. They don't always appreciate the option.