Make sure you say that title with chattering teeth. It is sooooo cold. I hate the cold! I hate being cold!!! Yes, I'm still wondering why I live in the northwest.
So I say its cold. And maybe you are asking, how cold is it? And I'll answer you that it is so cold that there are icicles growing on the inside of my house!!!!!
True story. We have awful wooden windows (supposedly fancy, expensive windows - but that doesn't matter when they don't work). Since we moved into our house we noticed the windows were not good. They have all lost their seals and have a disgusting mold problem. I am constantly having to de-mold them and twice a year I totally scrub them with straight bleach - but the mold still grows.
Any way, with this totally cold weather I noticed our windows were a little unusual looking today. A closer look revealed ice and icicles frozen all over them - on the inside!!!!!! It is so annoying and I don't know what to do. And that **&%^# mold?! You would think that the cold would kill or at least retard the growth - but no, it seems to accelerated it's growth! I've spent every couple of hours today mopping up water and scrubbing the frozen mold off the windows. Needless to say I am not looking forward to the next few more frozen days.
Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions (besides buying a new house)?
3 comments:
Wow! That is crazy, wish I could help you. We too have those sort of windows as described but no mold....maybe we do, just haven't really looked at them since we are renting.:) Good luck with that. Hope your family enjoyed the holidays!
Sorry--I haven't had that problem before but it sounds dreadful!! I hope things are better now. I am so over this cold and snowy weather!!
Happy New Year!!
The house we are renting has really nice windows but the ones in the bedrooms get all fogged up and are drafty making me think they either aren't installed right or...I don't know. At least we don't get mold. So sorry!
Post a Comment