Chris had surgery last week to remove a lymph node from under his arm. Surgery went well (although we waited for 6 hours! - 3 trauma cases were higher priority than us).
We waited all week for the results so that we could move on with getting Chris better.
After calling and calling - we finally got the results from his lymph node biopsy - inconclusive.
Yeah, we are just as frustrated now as we have been the last few weeks - waiting and waiting and still not getting any closer to what is making Chris sick or how to get him better.
Inconclusive means that they found abnormal lymph cells but they were not lymphoma cells. So the glimmer of hope is that it may not be cancer - but it still could be (see what I mean by inconclusive?!). A lymph node biopsy can have false negatives - meaning that just because they didn't find any lymphoma it doesn't mean they can rule it out - it still may be lymphoma or it may also be numerous other things (what I don't know yet).
So, the next step is for Chris to have a bone marrow biopsy. Sounds horrible, but is supposed to be a small procedure done in the Dr.'s office. Chris will have that done on Monday, along with yet again more blood work.
We meet with the Dr. again on August 19 to get the bone marrow results and hopefully some answers.
We are most grateful for every one's prayers. I feel so grateful to have so many friends that are so willing to help out and be there for us. Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!
3 comments:
You'll be in our prayers. Good luck on Monday.
Arghhh! The not knowing has got to be the worst! We will keep you in ours prayers.
I know so much of the medical process is frustrating. I hope you have answers soon. And I'm glad that you have been given a glimmer of hope.
Post a Comment