When it rains it pours. Since December things around our house have been dying. First my vacuum cleaner, then the iron, then the downstairs TV, two bathrooms need a plumber, then my mixer, then my piano bench, then my dishwasher. And the grand finale - having a section of our fence fall down after the big wind the other day.
Luckily Santa Clause helped out with the vacuum and iron. We have been surviving with one TV so far (no problem for me but my husband is dying!). We do have a third bathroom - thank goodness. I glued together most of my piano bench - but it is still going to need a cover.
Doing dishes the old fashioned way (as my children call it) has been the worst. There is nothing like having to spend even more time doing household chores, not to mention wrinkly fingers and split fingernails. My dishwasher stopped working over a month ago now. I haven't even had time to look around for a new dishwasher yet. (Although I did make it over to Sears quickly to see some over priced, "not going to work for me" dishwashers).
I was going to head out today for some more looking - but the plans for my day changed as soon as Sean started throwing up at 3:00am last night. Thank goodness my washing machine still works (knock on wood!). I've spent all day cleaning up two beds (his own top bunk, and all the puke that exploded down onto Chad's lower bunk), the bedroom floor and the living room floor (after he camped out on the couch).
As for the fence - I am not even going to think about it. If I do I will probably go over the edge and totally lose it.
Hopefully my next blog will be on a happy little place known as Disneyland.
3 comments:
try looking on craigslist for a dishwasher. I hope that you will have success in getting everything in order. Remember great trials preceed great blessings!
My Chris gets a good deal on GE appliances through work. Just call us if you are interested...many people have taken him up on it. :)
This is the part of home ownership that makes me nervous. I haven't had to worry about repairs etc for three years now. Of course, I also have been paying someone's mortgage...money I'll never see again.
good luck finding something!
Post a Comment