Some exciting changes have come my way.
I just got called as the Choir Pianist and as the Activity Day Leader for the younger girls in our ward. I'm excited to make practicing the piano a priority in my life - it is usually always on the back burner - but now I don't have to feel so guilty if I practice the piano instead of folding another stack of laundry.
I am so excited for Activity Days. That means I get to work with Halle and all her friends - basically I get to have a spiritual play date every other week with all the great girls in our ward. As soon as I was asked to do this calling my mind became flooded with ideas. I have at least 50 ideas already to go. I can't wait to get started.
I am still the Cub Scout Secretary. As long as Chad is a Cub Scout I might as well help out - I want to be involved and know what is going on any how.
I was released from being a Relief Society Instructor. Most people would think that is a dream calling - only having to teach once a month. It was a big stress for me. I don't like to be in front of people - I always get so nervous and stutter over my thoughts and words. I am also my own biggest critic and would always beat up on myself after teaching. But I am grateful for the opportunity I had to confront my fears head on and to study the gospel on a whole different level. I got so much out of the lessons I had to teach as my mind would be on the subject all month and I would analyze different ways to present the material and anticipate questions that might come up so that I could answer them. I have grown a whole lot spiritually because of this calling.
2 comments:
Congratulations on the Activity Day Leader Calling!! That is my all-time favorite calling. I LOVE IT. Those girls are so lucky to have you...an enthusiastic leader with ideas. Perfect. That will be fun for you do with Halle.
Thank goodness you are not quitting as cub scout secretary. I would never have a clue what is going on.
I'm totally with you on teaching in RS. It would not be my dream calling either...I'm like you in being nervous and stuttering. But I am sure you did a fantastic job because you are fantastic and that shines through.
I am pretty sure that I would NEVER consider being called to teach Relief Society a "Dream Calling" once a month or not. I am still having a hard time even going to RS since being released from Primary. I can't sit still in there.
Love activity days though. I have a ton of stuff too if you need ideas.
Post a Comment