I thought I better take a moment to write these memories down before they disappeared.
Christmas Eve Repentance
I've heard of death bed repentance - but not Christmas Eve repentance. But I witnessed Christmas Eve repentance this year. After we had had our family dinner and Christmas Eve program the kids were getting ready for bed and for the arrival of Santa Clause. Pajamas were on, teeth were brushed, stockings were hung, a treat for Santa and his reindeer lay on the fireplace hearth. I'm ready to read scriptures and usher the all the kids to bed when I hear this:
Chad, "Sean, will you forgive me? I know that I have been really mean to you lately. Will you please forgive me?"
Sean, "Okay, Chad, I forgive you."
Sean, "Chad, will you forgive me for being such a pest lately?"
Chad, "I forgive you, Sean."
And then they hugged. Loved it! Wish they would do that every day! (I have been extremely tired of the fighting as of late - let's hope they can keep being nice to each other for at least a week!)
Believing in Santa
Sean: "Some kids say that it's their parents who are Santa. Mom and dad, there is no way you could be Santa, there is no way you would have bought all this stuff for us!"
True Gifts of Christmas
Halle had the right spirit of gift giving this year. She made and decorated everyone in the family a crown. She wrote everybody a nice note about how she loved them and what was special about them and then she gave out service coupons (massage, make bed, etc.). I loved that she came up with this idea all by herself. She is always looking for ways to help others.
No comments:
Post a Comment