We started this August out by doing some fishing. Herm has a friend who has his own pond and frequently invites us all up there to go fishing. The kids have a great time and it doesn't usually take very long for them to catch a few fish. I'm glad the kids enjoy the experience - as for me I've never enjoyed fishing. I don't like putting worms on hooks, I don't like waiting around, I don't like pulling the hook out of their mouths, I don't like watching the fish slowly die from lack of oxygen, I don't like holding fish, I don't like the way they smell, I don't like gutting fish, and I don't eat fish. So what is the purpose? I don't know yet. (I guess sometime in the apocalyptic future my husband and kids will be able to fish and feed us - I would have to be desperately hungry to eat fish!) But it seems like a summer activity that just has to be done.
![]() |
| Sean catches the first fish and dad helps him get the hook out. |
![]() |
| Sean has a starring contest with his fish. |
![]() |
| A proud moment for Sean. |
![]() |
| Looks like Chad has caught a fish. |
![]() |
| Chad holds his prize. |
![]() |
| Halle is next with a catch. I'm so glad that Chris helps the kids. My job is to just take pictures. |
![]() |
| One happy girl. |
![]() |
| Sean with another fish and the evil eye. Watch out fish - Sean is going to get you. |
![]() |
| Halle catches another fish with the help of her Bompa. |
![]() |
| Another happy moment (at least for Halle - not for the fish). |
![]() |
| Sean wants to try fishing from the bank instead of the dock. |
![]() |
| And yes, Sean catches yet another fish. |
![]() |
| Way to go Sean. |
![]() |
| Halle takes a break from fishing to jump on the trampoline. |
![]() |
| Halle going for a front flip. |
![]() |
| Over she goes. |
![]() |
| Another rotation. |
![]() | |||
| And she lands. |
![]() |
| Halle goes for a back handspring. |
![]() | ||||
| And there you have it. |
![]() |
| Sean's next catch is a wild mob of 'seaweed." |
![]() |
| Chad's turn on the trampoline. |
![]() |
| Doing a front flip. |
![]() |
| And down for the landing. |
![]() |
| Sean's turn for some action. |
![]() |
| Over he goes. |
![]() |
| A sideways landing?! |
![]() |
| Chad catches a huge one. |
![]() |
| Making sure the fish gets a good camera angle. |
![]() |
| Sean enjoys swinging on the rope. |
![]() |
| Halle stands on the the rope platform. The older kids use this platform to start their swing on the rope, swing through some trees and then splash into the pond. |
![]() |
| Sean likes being king of the tower. |
![]() |
| Chad takes a turn on the rope swing. |
![]() |
| Hang on! |
![]() |
| Halle's turn. |
![]() |
| Come back - don't jump into the pond. |
![]() |
| Dad and Grandma watch Sean fly through the trees. |
![]() |
| Chad is now king of the tower |
![]() |
| Mom's turn. |
![]() |
| Bompa had to try too. |











































No comments:
Post a Comment