Saturday, March 24, 2007

2007 Better Year Than I Thought



I didn't give the new year much thought this time round. 2006 turned into 2007 and in my mind would not be that memorable of a year. I am also prejudice because I do not like the number 7. It is my least favorite number because it is awkward, hard in math, odd, and not exciting (unless you are into gambling of course). In January, I was already looking forward to 2008. 8 is my most favorite number. It is even, symmetrical, you can take the cube route of 8, it is the age when you are allowed to get baptized, double that age and you get to drive and date, and the number 8 turned on its side is the symbol for eternity. But as I was going through my big box of photos that I am trying to organize (yes - one day it will really happen) I came across this photo of Chris and I. The picture was taken in the summer of 1997.

Again, I didn't expect much to happen in the year of 1997 - all odd numbers and with that horrible 7 on the end. But that is the year I meet Chris. So I finally realized that 2007 was a great year too, because this is the year I get to celebrate 10 years of being with Chris. I am getting excited to write about everything from how we meet, the dates we went on, how he proposed, and of course our wedding. So my new goal for blogging is to write about each of these stories on the day it happened 10 years ago.

By the way, I can't believe how young Chris and I look just 10 years ago. Is it kids or marriage that gives you all the gray hairs, wrinkles, and extra inches around the waist?

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

I thought that was a recent picture of you and Chris! You two haven't aged at all. Happy 10 years.

andrea said...

I was thinking that you guys looked exactly the same. 10 years....time flies.

Lucy said...

I've never thought of eight like that but now I love it too!

You really haven't aged at all!

Misty said...

Look how cute you are in your matching clothes! I was thinking you look the same too. Can't wait to read all the stories. :)

Rebecca said...

I just realized that I don't think about numbers enough!

You guys look exactly the same! I thought it was a recent picture too.