The Date of Redemption
After the painfully awkward ending to our second and third dates I was really wanting another date and another chance to pucker my lips and actually kiss the man making my heart flutter with fire. Luckily, I did not have to wait long. A day or two after our third date (where my dad had us under careful surveillance with his good-old golden retriever) Chris asked me out on another spur of the moment date. He wanted to see me one more time before his trip up to Spokane. He would be leaving for a long couple of weeks. A thought that was coming more and more unbearable. We had come to know each other quickly but at the same time eternally. This was the first person I had ever dated that I really felt both a spiritual and physical connection with. My heart already ached with loneliness just thinking about his absence.
I drove over to Chris' house the night of our date. Our plan was just to watch a movie and hang out. We watched Quiggley Down Under, one of Chris' favorites. It is a good thing that I had seen it before because my head was really not paying much attention to the movie at all. All I could really focus on were the perceptions of my senses. The smell of his man juice (his word for cologne), the feel of his hand holding mine, the warmth of being under the blanket beside him, and the pumping of my heart when I glanced at him.
Time raced quickly by as we watched the movie. And just when it seemed I had arrived, it was time to go. I was in charge of our Young Women fundraiser of washing cars first thing in the morning and so I needed to go home and get some rest.
With his very gentlemanly charm, Chris escorted me out and walked me to my car. We stood outside my car a talked for a while longer. Then, as the cool air surrounded me and the strong gushes of wind from Spanish Fork Canyon started violently blowing, Chris leaned in and surrounded me in the warmth of his arms. I felt like I was in Heaven again. We stood and hugged silently. Then, without vocal communication, we both went for the kiss. I tilted my head up, Chris tilted his down and we came closer and closer to each other until finally our lips met and locked in a passionate embrace.
It wasn't quite the 4th of July yet, but there were fireworks!!! I never realized you could feel so tingly all over from just a kiss. I knew that there was definitely chemistry between us but I didn't realize there was also nuclear fusion. I felt ready to explode with happiness. Happiness from the fact that we were finally able to kiss and happiness from the fact that is was so pleasurable. I knew that things could only get better from that point on in our relationship.
2 comments:
Love these stories. When are you going on your cruise? The Hubers are also going to Alaska the week of July 8. Is that when you are going? Let me know and I will tell them to look for you.
Hey Andrea,
Our cruise leaves a week later, on the 13th of July. Too bad - that would have been fun to know someone else on the cruise.
We are in Utah until Sunday night. I will be home Mon, Tue, and Wed. Then on Thur we will leave for Seattle so we will be ready for departure on Fri.
Post a Comment