Halle has fine hair that is hard to grow. I have been dreading the day my kids decide to play "hairdresser." Well, today the day came. But the good news is that Halle was not involved. The bad news is it was my boys that decided to play hairdresser (aren't girls, not boys, supposed to do that?). Chad had decided to give Sean a hair cut. I didn't even notice until dinner time to night (must be that low blood sugar). As I looked at Sean I noticed a couple of bald patches. (I tried to take a picture of it - but I am a bad photographer and have a bad camera - so it didn't turn out).
Not knowing if Sean had done it himself (he is really into using scissors lately) or someone else was involved I asked him what happened. He immediately told me that Chad did it. Of course, you can't always believe a 3 year old, so I talked to Chad. He owned right up with his generic excuse of, "I got confused, mom." This excuse always cracks me up. What exactly did he get confused about? Did he not understand that he was cutting hair, and not paper? Did he not think he had a real pair of scissors in his hands? Did he think mom wouldn't notice? I would have loved to know exactly the thoughts that were going on in his head at that moment!!!!!!
Anyway, the bald patches persuaded me to give Sean an impromptu hair cut to help correct the "dinkle-dorf" look. ("Dinkle-dorf" is a term coined by my husband for when you are looking like a real dork!) So now we have one handsome looking little boy and one big boy in his room thinking about what confused him.
No comments:
Post a Comment