Seriously, I am ready to force myself and my family into a nudist colony.
I'm sure you are all saying, "Lara? Nudist colony? Has she totally lost it this time?!!!"
Is it because I want to show off my fabulous body from all my stringent exercise and dieting? (I did try dieting several times this year and I exercised at least three different times since January!). Ha, ha, ha, --- NO!!!!!! Unfortunately my body would be the only down side to my new idea for those that had to look at it.
Then why this new obsessive idea? Because our church leaders have totally encouraged it!!!! Doesn't it seem that lately a lot of talks and suggestions by respected leaders in the church have told us to keep our priorities straight, to make family our number one commitment, and to cut out the foo-foo. That there are lots of good things to do - but we shouldn't get so over whelmed.
Well, I am totally overwhelmed and so tired of devoting so many of my living hours to LAUNDRY!!!!!!!!
I spent at least an hour folding Monday, yesterday and today. I finally finished all the folding. But does that mean I'm done? Haa - not in the least. It means I still have to put it all away. And once I've accomplished that I'm sure I will be hearing a call from the laundry room of, "wash me, wash me!" from all the newly acquired dirty clothes sitting in the wash-me pile. And it all starts again!!!!!
Just think of it - if we didn't wear clothes any more - no more Laundry!!!!!! WAHOOOO. No more ironing (like that gets done anyways), no more folding, no more putting away. You would never hear the words, "Mom I don't know what to wear," or "Mom, I don't have anything to wear," or "Mom, where are all of my clothes," because there wouldn't be any!!!!!
Not only would you save time - but think of the huge savings in your monthly and yearly budget. No more back to school shopping!!! No more having to hit the right sales. No clothes that lasted less than a year because the kids out grew them or wore them out.
Of course I wouldn't be able to live in Spokane anymore. Way to cold to be without clothes. So I guess I will put up all our now unneeded clothes for sale. And from all the money we make we will move somewhere warm and sunny. (I think we could splurge on sunblock!)
Who wants to join?
5 comments:
Great post. I am currently on my third day of doing laundry. I was just telling Carolyn that I think I do at least 20-25 loads a week including clothes, towels, linens, etc.
You can't join a nudist colony until you get a good use out of those jeans you just bought yourself!..it would have been such a waste of money. :)
You are too funny!! Just wait soon your kids will be old enough to fold and put away their own clothes...and yours. It's bliss.
Thanks for letting me back in! I had to play a little catch up. So email me and let me know about the track thing.....
"This is the job that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friend,
Some people started doing it long ago just because,
this is the job that never ends....."
The worst is when the kids bring their laundry baskets to the laundry room and I find clean folded clothes in the bottom half -- all stinky now because of the sweaty wet clothes on top AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHH!
Post a Comment