Just in case you are dying from suspense as to what happened to us and our cars - well we are all alive and moving. Kind brother Amato came to help Chris out late Wednesday night. They were able to jack up the car and reattach the tie-rod. The car is now drivable (cross your fingers) so Chris and get back and forth to work until spring break when we will finally be able to get it to a mechanic.
I also took the van in for an oil change and was told that my battery was not passing inspection - no big surprise there. So I had a new battery put in. So now the van should be great for a while.
March has just been marching along - and mostly without me - my mind is still back in February and the weather certainly isn't helping me adjust to spring time. So, here's to a big blog with lots of catching up.
A Rare Sunny Day
My kids love to be outside but unless it is a favorable temperature I do not. But this day (March 7) was beautiful. Halle and Sean rode their bikes and then decided that climbing the tree would be fun. So I quickly ran into the house to grab my camera and practice some photography. (Even though you can learn how to do photography, you still have to practice and have some innate talent - all of which I am lacking.) I was glad to be outside as I still can't get a decent indoor picture. And then I worked on framing what I shot by the rule of thirds and getting up close (I could still probably get closer but this was really good for me as I usually try to get ALL the background too.).
Halle is pretty pleased with herself that she is up in the tree. And she doesn't mind posing for pictures at all - my kids love cameras!

Sean loved being up in the tree - he is a natural little monkey.

Track and Field
Yes, it is that time of year again. Track season started the last week of February. My poor husband was out there for several days shoveling off the track so they could have at least two lanes to work out on after all that snow we received.
The first meet of the year was a Jamboree at Ferris High school. As you can see from the picture it was the perfect track day - cold and wet.

Plastic bags to sit on, umbrellas, warm coats, gloves, and popcorn. What more could you want at a track meet?

Chris over at the high jump. He is the one with the grey hoody over his head, red coat, black pants and black bag standing right in front of the high jump.
After a lot of thought, Chris gave up his position of being the head coach. For now I will just say "politics" but if you want more of the story, just mention track and I will give you an ear full.
St. Patrick's Day
St. Patrick's Day was a full day for us. It started with snow in the morning and having a fun breakfast to painting Easter eggs. We've never really thought twice about St. Patrick's Day before (except to wear green so you don't get pinched) but after reading all the fun ideas on other peoples blogs last year I thought it would be fun to do a little something more.

Is spring really on its way?

The kids thought green pancakes for breakfast was ingenious. Partly because they are green and partly because I never cook in the morning. We usually always have pancakes at dinner time. They also had green milk to go with them.


Chad devised his very own leprechaun trap. He put signs on it that said: "If you give me your gold I will set you free." and "This way for gold." Apparently they had been studying leprechauns at school and had to write a paper and draw a picture of how they would capture a leprechaun. Chad went a step further and really built one. We didn't catch one this year, but there is always next year!!!!

All dressed in green for school. No one is going to pinch my kids!

After school we painted Easter eggs - yes, on St. Patrick's Day. It was the only day we could do it before my mum had to leave. Sean thought he was in heaven - eggs and paint!!!! Notice he has no shirt - because I had to quickly remove it and run it down to the laundry room before all the stains set in.

Chad and Halle are both professional egg decoraters now and had a lot of fun.

The kids with their nanny and their colorful Easter eggs.
A 1st/2nd Grade Bug Musical
Chad's music teacher put on a musical for the first and second graders at Adams. It was way fun to watch. She did a fantastic job - especially since she is 81/2 months pregnant.
Chad wanted to be a spider - so I attached some extra arms to a spider shirt he already had. He thought it was so cool.
Chad was also assigned a speaking part in the musical. I was so proud of him. Usually he is really shy in front of a lot of people and really self-conscious. I was also nervous in case he had the "bumpies" while he tried to say his lines. But he did great!
Chad morphs into a spider.

Everyone is ready for a bugs picnic.

Chad delivers his lines.
4 comments:
Good job on the pictures! I especially like the third one (Halle in the tree).
Your pictures look great. Looks like you had a great March with lots of fun. We're going to have to discuss track when I get back from my vacation.
I like your reference to "March Madness" - that's really funny. Those track pics make me want to go watch! I just read in a magazine that the two Ferris High Jumpers are the BEST in the state! That is so GREAT! And a girl from LC can run a 56 400 M - what on earth? That's CRAZY! Good luck with the season!
This is my kind of March Madness (not the other kind that has consumed my husband!) I love all your pictures - you've been a busy family. I was just wondering, were your fingers green on St. Patrick's Day? I used so much food coloring that day I thought I was never going to get it off my fingers.
Post a Comment