Saturday, March 15, 2008

Every Thing A Girl Wants


Last week we had a birthday dinner for my sister-in-law, Linda, over at her house. It is always fun for the kids to get together and be able to play with their cousins.


Happy Birthday Linda!



The men (Chris and his brother, Jeff) watched about three different basketball games.

The girls had fun decorating Halle up.


The girls go punk.



The boys had fun playing video games and with racing cars.


For birthday gifts this year, I decided to treat each of my sister-in-laws to the best book in the world - Porn for Women. Linda absolutely loved it!!!!!! We giggled about it all evening. But, for some reason Jeff was not very amused.


A must have book for all married women!!!





Not a Pole Dancer

Sean and I have a weekday tradition. Everyday at 11:35 we leave the house to walk down to the bus stop to greet Halle home from the bus. Every day Sean takes off running as fast as he can and I walk as quickly as I can to keep up with him. (I did have to slow him down while it was snowy and icy - but now the sidewalks are clear again he is out there full speed ahead.)

Well, the other day his legs got a little carried away from him. Just as he made it to the corner of our street he ran right into the street sign pole. I didn't quite see the whole thing. Just saw him running and the next thing I remember hearing a loud ping and then Sean falling down onto the sidewalk. Then it was silent for a minute before a huge cry of pain ushered out of his lungs.


At first I thought he had hit the pole with his head - so I looked for any bumps but there was nothing there. When his crying finally came under some control, Sean told me he had bumped his leg. I gave him a little cuddle and carried him the rest of the way to the bus stop.

After telling Halle his sad story, his little feet started running all the way home. He forgot that he had been hurt at all.


The next day the evidence showed up. Two big bruises starting to form. One over the knee and one on the shin. They looked pretty nasty for a while but are finally on the mend. And now when we pass the pole on the way to the bus stop he makes sure to run as far away from it as he can and calls it "the stupid pole that got me."





Sean Quotes


My alarm clock climbed into bed with me this morning. As it was a Saturday I was in no hurry to get up. I convinced Sean to give me some cuddles before I got up to make him his morning hot chocolate. As we were cuddling he said, "Mommy, I love you! I love big girls. I love mommy and nanny. I love bompa and grandma." And then he gave me a big kiss.


It is so nice to know you are loved and that a three and a half year old will still give you cuddles. I just wonder if bompa knows that he is a big girl yet?







Enjoying the Flying Nanny


My mother's visit started off a little rocky, and not because of the kids. She ended up being quite sick the first few days after her arrival. But now that she has fully recovered we have been having a great time.

I can finally see the toy room floor in probably over a month.


My laundry keeps getting magically folded and my vaccum has felt loved.


The kids play outside more because someone will go out and play with them (not me!!! It is still too cold).

We saw Halle at gymnastics.


We saw Chad practice and play a basketball game.




In defensive position.


Halle reads to Sean during the game.


Sean hasn't wanted to go to preschool extra much because he wants to stay home with nanny.

We've had KFC (my absolute favorite) and happy meals at McDonald's (my kids favorite).

My kids all have new clothes and shoes.

I am completely (well almost) ready for Easter.

Chris and I were able to go to the temple, see Ham on Regal, and tonight are off to see a movie.


We all love the flying nanny!!!!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I loved your recap! I've got to get that "Porn for Women" book. There's just something exciting about watching your husband do the laundry. :-)

By the way, do you ever loan out your flying nanny?

Misty said...

Yay for moms! And lol about the "stupid pole". :)

Jayni and Jake said...

Three basketball games for the guys huh? This year I'm forcing myself to fill out the March Madness brackets to get excited about all that basketball stuff. Poor SEAN!

andrea said...

What a great recap. I am so glad your mom can be here to help you out and that you and Chris are getting a chance to spend some time together.

Love the Porn for Women. I'm glad you are spreading the message.