Sunday, March 2, 2008

Wardrobe Malfunction

So, how many pants are in your closet? Me, I'm down to two. I absolutely hate to go shopping but I'm afraid I'm going to have to.

Why do I hate shopping? 1) It is too time consuming and tiresome (plus there are usually always kids tagging along). 2) It requires money - and I hate spending it. 3) I hate looking at myself in mirrors (once a day is plenty) and 4) My body is not my dream size and it is always disappointing having clothes either fit too tight or having to go to the next size.

A few weeks ago, I actually had three pairs of pants. But my favorite pair died when the zipper teeth popped out. So, doing the math, I am down to two. But not just any two - two horrible pairs. One pair is a dark denim, at least they used to be. They now have a hole in the butt - which is getting bigger and some white-wash thing going on in the knees.

The last pair just came out of the wash with some permanent pink stain all down the right side. (It is not fair!!!! I washed them with only darks and other jeans. There was absolutely nothing pink or red in the wash to make them go that way. And what kills me is last week my husband washed my sweeter, with white collar and sleeves, in with all the reds and it came out perfectly fine!!!)

I guess having only two options helps free my mind of any complicated wardrobe dilemmas. So if you see me tomorrow (or the next day, or the next day) you can check out whether I am wearing the holy jeans or the pink jeans. At least you will hope I am wearing one of them - what would be the other option?!?

5 comments:

Jayni and Jake said...

I'm not too big of a shopping fan either. Though if I get a GOOD deal then it makes it totally worth it - have you been to Spokane Discount? They have nice jeans for such a SUPER deal - like CK/RL for $10. Since it's a place you have to REALLY look to find things, I would let the hub watch the kids & go have some FUN!!!! I LOVE that place! GOOD LUCK!!!

Rebecca said...

And look for their yoga pants. Two in a pack (for $10 I think) and so comfortable! If you can't find them their you can go to Costco where they originate from and get them 2 in a pack for $16.

Carolyn said...

You looked fabulous to me at gymnastics tonight. :-) Those deals at Spokane Discount look really great. I'll watch your kids if you want to go browse.

p.s. Sorry you're not enjoying East of Eden. I didn't like it at first either but a lot of "pearls of wisdom" came up towards the last third of the book.

Kristin said...

I feel your pain! I had to break down and buy a new pair of jeans after my old ones got a hole in the knee. (Am I in 4th grade??) It was depressing. Everything is so low-riding...my garments are above the waist line by about 4 inches or more!! I found some jeans at Old Navy. It was a horrible search.

Also- I can never find jeans at Spokane Discount. I'm too tall and the jeans are too short. There is only one other thing I hate to shop for more...swimsuits!! Good luck!

P.S. Try the yoga pants!! ;)

jilljoy said...

I'm just learning how to do this blog stuff. I didn't know I could comment-duh. I've been reading your stuff since Christmas --- and enjoying it tons. It's almost like talking to you, but without me inturrupting.
I was glad Chris was able to pass his kidney stones on his own, but if not, he would've gotten to probably use one of my husband's lithotripsy machines he has up there in WA!