I finally got a hold of the January Ensign to read (Chris usually steals it first and then I can't ever find it). I read a few articles and then was just glancing through when I noticed this quote by Elder Neal A. Maxwell.
"One's life . . . cannot be both faith-filled and stress-free . . .
"Therefore, how can you and I really expect to glide naively through life, as if to say, 'Lord, give me experience, but not grief, not sorrow, not pain, not opposition, not betrayal, and certainly not to be forsaken. Keep from me, Lord, all those experiences which made Thee what Thou art! Then let me come and dwell with Thee and fully share They joy!' . . .
"Real faith . . . is required to endure this necessary but painful developmental process."
Needless to say after reading this I felt like someone had just slapped me in the face. I so want to be both faith-filled and stress-free. But after reading this it reminded me of our purpose here on Earth and how all my experiences so far have made me the person that I am. I know I could never feel worthy of living with Heavenly Father again if I got to just "glide naively through life."
I know things are going to happen - that is life! Now I am praying to have the faith to get me through these experiences - and not just take the experiences and trials away.
3 comments:
I loooooved that! Just what I need to hear! I actually read to today the life doesn't need to be perfect for us to have joy!
I love the way Elder Maxwell has of really making a point. Of course! Thanks for the reminder.
I love this Lara! Thanks for sharing. Why oh why can't we be faith-filled and stress-free? Darn it!!
Post a Comment