Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Free Pizza - Well Earned

Dinner was divine last night. Free Pizza Hut pizza. Two of my kids had the "Book It" coupons and I have a $20 credit at the Pizza hut store. So dinner was easy, easy, and easy. (I love easy dinner nights.)

But, I do want you to know that the $20 credit was well earned!!!!!

Last month I went to pizza hut - to again redeem my kids' coupons. I wasn't feeling good (horrible head and sinus cold) and just needed something easy to do. So I called up pizza hut to place my order. They said it would take 15 minutes. I waited 20 before I even left my house to get the pizza (we always do carryout - Dave Ramsey would be proud we never waste our money on tips for delivery.)

When I arrived and told them my order I was told it was not ready yet. I was a little disappointed - after all I had given them an extra 15 minutes to get it ready. But I sat down like a good little costumer and waited.

While I was waiting several other people came in to pick up there orders - they all had to wait too. So I wasn't feeling so bad that I was the only one.

I waited and waited and tried to entertain Sean (Chad and Halle had stayed at home with dad). I got a little nervous when I heard the phone order people now telling their phone customers that it was now a two hour wait for delivery.

My hopes picked up when everyone else around me started getting their orders. But, just in case, I asked about how much longer my would be - the answer - just a few more minutes.

So, I waited and waited. Now 40 minutes had elapsed and I still had no pizza. I was going mentally insane and just wanted to go home and lie in bed. Then one of my favorite families walked in the door - It was Kari Ann and her gang. We talked for a few minutes and then I joked about how slow service was and was ready to place a bet on who would get their pizza's first, me or them. Guess what - they won!!!!! I was still waiting for pizza!

Again I asked about where my pizza's were. The answer? They lost the order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was fuming mad and ready to cry - again I'm not feeling well and all I want is to be back in bed. I want to just leave and run to McDonald's but the manager comes over and assures me he can get my order out in 10 minutes and will give me a 20% discount. I trust him. Why not - my family needs food.

So I wait, and wait, and wait again. Apparently 10 minutes in pizza time is really 20 minutes in real time.

Finally I have my pizza in hand and head back home.

Meanwhile my husband is totally worried about me. I have been gone for an hour and a half. (Two hours since I called Pizza Hut.) He's tried my cell phone but can't reach me because it is on vibrate - I haven't thought to call because I am literally going insane with waiting and being sick.

After I told him the whole story my husband was not pleased with the 20%discount. He called the manager up and gave him a few words (Dave Ramsey style - "Is that the best you can do?!") The manager apologized and gave us a $20 credit.

So yes, free food is great - but boy did I earn it for us. Next time I just want my pizza on time!

No comments: