Sunday, July 11, 2010

Things to Celebrate

Finally after doing the dishes by hand for over 4 months (that is 1/3 of a year) I now have a new and perfectly working dishwasher. It is sooooooo wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

The same day I got my new dishwasher installed my washing machine got fixed too. (Yes, yet another appliance died on us.) It is so nice to do my laundry from home instead of running it to my in-laws and back again. I am also so glad it was an easy fix and easy on the budget. Although I do dream of a new washing machine and dryer (our current ones are older than our marriage) I'm a little sick of spending money.

I am also happy to be alive! We had a gas leak in our water heater a few days ago. I was actually the one that smelt it out which is amazing because I really have no sense of smell. 2 1/2 hours after we first called AVISTA about our gas leak (and several calls in between) they finally came out and fixed it. I was a nervous wreck as gas already totally freaks me out (I will never have a gas fireplace or stove!).

That's all for now.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Hooray for the new dishwasher!!! And, I'm so glad you got the gas leak fixed. I'm a little freaked out by gas too - I even get a little nervous lighting the BBQ!