Sunday, October 17, 2010

10-10-10

Celebrating October 10, 2010 (10-10-10) was a big deal for Chris and I. It marked our 13th wedding anniversary. We haven't done a lot of big things for our anniversaries but thought we should this year.

Chris had heard of a fun little bed and breakfast inn from some friends and booked us a room for a romantic weekend. After booking our room, we were later emailed by the inn that they were having an October special - where any room was only $99. So Chris immediately upgraded us to one of the bigger and more expensive rooms - the "Island Suite."

Chris' parents gladly took the kiddos for the weekend - starting with Friday night and then meeting them back up at church on Sunday.

On Friday we had a fun time at the home of some of our friends. It was the husband's birthday - so we had a delicious dinner and played some fun games. Unfortunately Chris only stayed for dinner and then headed out to the Ferris football game (he gets paid to do "crowd control"). I stayed for a while longer but then headed home as I still had to get my Relief Society lesson completed for Sunday.

Our original plans for Saturday were to go to the temple, watch a movie, go out to eat and then head for the inn. Unfortunately the temple was closed and there wasn't a movie at all that appealed to us to watch. So what did we do? Oh, we are so romantic!!!! Chris finished grading papers and preparing his Monday lessons. I continued to work on my Relief Society lesson.

We did get some shopping in - mostly looking. And then we finally headed to the Outback Steakhouse for some yummy dinner. I haven't been there for years.

As we drove to Newport it was rainy and dark - but it made the drive all the more romantic to me. I love the rain.

The inn was spectacular. It is right on Diamond Lake and had a wonderful atmosphere. We stayed in the Island Suite which had it's own entrance since it was an addition to the original house. It had a huge bed, whirlpool tub, rain shower, fireplace and flat screen TV. Chris and I took a little stroll down to the lake (in the rain). We then had a great and relaxing evening - with NO KIDS!!!!!

In the morning we slept in (no church meetings!!!!!) and then enjoyed a fabulous breakfast in the breakfast area of the inn. It was a three course breakfast - and it was totally scrumptious. I would totally go there again sometime.

Then it was back to reality - driving back to Spokane and arriving at church ready to put our callings back on.

It was a nice and memorable weekend.

I love you Chris - thanks for the last 13 years - they've been the best of my life and I'm looking forward to another 13, and another 13 and another 13 for ever.
Chris always buys me beautiful flowers for any special occasion.
Chris and I enjoying our room and enjoying just being by ourselves for the weekend.
A view of the inn from the lake at the back. It was raining during our little romantic walk.

The view in the morning of Diamond Lake from our balcony.

In case you are interested in The Inn at the Lake, here is the website: http://www.innatthelake.com/

No comments: