Monday, November 22, 2010

Excited for Snow?

You know your child is excited for a snow day when you wake them up in the morning and they have put on their snow suit during the night and fallen asleep in it. That was Sean this morning.

Last year all the adult prayers were answered and we finally had a mild winter after having two years in a row of very excessive snow fall.

This year the kid prayers were answered and we will be getting another plentiful season of snow. They were very sad to have missed out on building snowmen and sledding last year.

"Snow" is the "s" word to me. I can't stand the stuff. It is cold and wet and I can't ski worth beans - so it has no value what so ever for me. In fact - it makes me really grumpy to see snow.

But my kids see it as magical and exciting. So I am trying to live through their eyes.

Sean made a snowman the very first snowfall (barely covered the ground) - it was very small - but well made nevertheless.

The kids have enjoyed having snowball fights, shoveling the snow (all over the place - not exactly helpful), throwing it up in the air, and making snow angels. And all day long they have talked about going sledding. And, they keep playing outside (something they haven't done lately in the last few weeks).

So as long as I don't have to drive around - bring on the snow and lots of fun.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I hate the snow but our kids love it too!! I am dreaming of the tropics!!