As life goes along there are big moments, lots of little moments, and lots and lots of minute but time sucking daily stuff. It is all that little stuff that seems to bog me down and squish out the big moments. After writing about Sean's baptism I realized that I had never written about Halle's baptism or Chad's baptism. How could I over look the biggest moments in their lives so far?! So now it is time to catch up.
Halle's Baptism
Halle was very ready and well prepared to be baptized. She takes everything very seriously and studiously. She also has a big brother and was looking forward to following in his footsteps.
Halle's baptism was shared by two other eight year old children from our ward - Dawson Hone, and Annika Genthe during out Stake Baptism. Although there were three of them, they all get along well and were excited to share their special day with each other. The Genthe's prepared a slide show of Halle, Dawson, and Annika with lots of baby pictures and other pictures of the kids through their years. It was a really nice program.
Both sets of Grandparents where able to make it to Halle's baptism along with Jeff's family. For some reason I didn't get any pictures of Halle with her Grandpa or Bompa. I also didn't get a big family picture. I may not have captured everything I wanted in pictures but it was a wonderful day. I hope Halle always remembers it and the feelings she felt as she was baptized and then recieved the gift of the Holy Ghost.
 |
| Halle with her Dad, already to go to the Stake Center |
 |
| Sean puffing with pride, Halle in her jumpsuit, and Chad - been there done that big brother. |
 |
| Halle - as cute as can be. |
 |
| Halle and her Dad. |
 |
| Chris and his kids. |
 |
| Our family. |
 |
| Halle with her Grandma Caviness and her Nanny Hansen. |
 |
| Halle with her mom and dad. |
Chad's Baptism
It is so fun to look back and see Chad as an eight year old. He is now 12 years old, has received the Aaronic Priesthood, and now goes to Scouts and Young Mens. How did four years pass so fast? How can a child grow so fast physically, spiritually, and in maturity?!
I remember being so nervous at Chad turning eight. I wanted to make sure he was prepared for baptism and knew the covenants he would soon be making. He was the first and I wanted to make sure everything went right. I also wanted to savor and remember this moment forever.
Herm and Jeraldine (Chad's grandparents) were not able to make Chad's baptism as they were away serving a full time mission in Ohio at the time. A hard thing to miss but their small sacrifice brought many, many blessings to both themselves and their family members.
Jeff and his family attend the baptism. It was a good thing to have them all there.
It was also a huge Hansen production. My dad made sure all my siblings were in attendance too.
 |
| Dad and Chad. A big smile for a happy occasion. |
 |
| My little family. Hard to believe that Chad was 8, Halle was 6, and Sean was 4. |
 |
| A picture with the Caviness cousins: Justin, Jackson, Sean, Chris, Chad, Halle, Jenny, and Alyssa. |
 |
| Our family. |
 |
| Picture with the Hansen cousins. Sean, Chris, Chad, Halle, Sydney, Ashlee, and Caleb. |
 |
| A picture with the Hansen uncles - Ian, Carl, and David. |
 |
| Grandpa and Nanny with their grandkids. |
 |
| Big Hansen Family Picture. |
No comments:
Post a Comment