Sean especially has been up to his "Sean Shenanigans" (see "view my photoshows" at the top of my blog template). While I was downstairs doing some laundry Sean was upstairs. When I went back upstairs I was greeted by a trail of decorating sprinkles from half way up the stairs, down the hall to the family room, covered all over the entire floor of the family room (forgot to take a picture of that one before I vacuumed it all up), into the kitchen, through the dinning room, and then another big dump of sprinkles on top of the stairs in the entry way. Not only did he redecorate the entire upstairs but he also managed to eat some too - by the pink sticky evidence found all over his face and hands.
After cleaning up all the mess I sent him outside to be with Chad and Halle. Big mistake! After only a few minutes outside Halle came in crying (followed by all the other kids). She had been playing on the wood pile by the side of our house and came in with a handful of splinters. After cleaning her up and putting band aids all over the splinters (couldn't get any of them out - have to wait for Chris who is the master at getting splinters out). I sent the kids to the piano room so they could all dance. I also had Aria and Gabe over. It was fun to watch them dance to the Wiggle music.
While the kids were busy dancing I snuck back downstairs to check on laundry. As I descended down the stairs I found a new trail awaiting me. A trail of muddy footprints starting from the bottom half of the stairs, all the way down the stairs, all through the hall way and into the laundry room. The outside door was still open and the hose outside was still gushing water.
Sean's most favorite thing to do the last few weeks is to escape outside (either by door or bedroom window) and turn on the water to the hose. And then he squirts everything. He waters the bushes, the grass, the cement, the windows, the fence, any people outside, and especially himself. I end up changing his wet clothes at least three to five times everyday. Today he went outside with his favorite slippers on (one Elmo and one Lightening McQueen). So he had obviously made some mud, walked all over in it with his slippers, and then came back inside where he tracked it all in.
Right now Sean is in my favorite place - asleep in his bed. As soon as Gabe and Aria went home I put him down for a nap. It is kind of a late nap but I need it. It is so nice to have peace and quiet for a few moments and to take out my frustrations in word and not physically on Sean. I do love him - I just wish his "off" and my "on" button worked better.
As you can see, my last photo is of Sean on the potty. This is another huge frustration right now but I will blog about another time. Time has passed quickly and it is already time to wake up the Sean and start thinking about dinner and surviving the rest of the evening.







3 comments:
I so, so feel your pain. I literally had a minor breakdown the last time Jack turned on the hose.
When do you want me to watch your kids so you can go get your driver's license. I owe you BIG time so pick the date and I will watch the kids.
Lara, you are patience personified. You may not feel like it but you really are. I admire you for your outlook.
aw, look, it's my kids! ITA with Lucy, you are very patient. :)
Post a Comment