We decided to attempt gardening again much to the delight of our children. This year there were fewer murmurings about pulling weeds then last year. They also got totally excited about finding a treasure trove of worms in the soil. Finally they got to plant the seeds. This year we tried cucumbers (again - since that was our best crop last year), onions, peppers, and carrots. Later we will be trying corn again and Halle insists on planting watermelon.
We will see how hardy our little seeds are. The ground in which we planted them has been totally pounded upon by little feet. The little kittens and the kids (chasing the kittens) have been all over the dirt and seeds.
Chad shows off his favorite worm.
Halle proves she is no wimp - if Chad can pick up a worm than so can she.
Sean happily helps daddy plant the cucumber seeds.
Chad carefully follows directions in planting the onion seeds.
Halle gets to plant the pepper seeds.
Because it was time for bed, we combined our FHE treat with bath time.
3 comments:
Fun times with the garden. We will be planting our this weekend.
Our garden is full of weeds, again. I pulled all the weeds at the beginning of April, I added some compost and covered the whole thing with a landscape cover to keep the weeds from growing back. But now we have a lush green garden of weeds. We have so many that Devin mowed it and sprayed it yesterday with round-up. I don't think I want to maintain a garden anymore. How much will you be selling your cucumbers for?
Nice multitasking!
We planted a garden last year but didn't tend it like we needed to. I hope to try again in the future but not this year!
Post a Comment