I'm freaking out a little. My baby is going to school. I was so worried he was going to have a hard time. All summer, and even just recently, when we mentioned that he would be going to preschool Sean would throw a fit. It didn't seem like it was something he wanted to do. He would just reply that he wanted to stay home with mommy. As nice as that thought is, it doesn't earn as many brownie points as actually being out of my hair.
But, as it turns out he likes it. He gets to wave to Mrs. Crater, play with the toys, and see his friends Jack and Lily. He actually wanted to know why he wasn't going to school on Wednesday and Thursday. I am so grateful for the turn around! I hope he keeps this attitude all year (but that is a lot to hope for).
Part of his preschool ritual is to use the preschool potty before going into class. Potty training has been grueling with Sean (as bad as it was with Chad) and so he is still working on not having accidents and we have yet to do a voluntary BM on the potty. So, it cracks me up that he is so insistent on using the potty at school. Which is a good thing!!!
Sean - ready for his first day of preschool.

Alec, Lily, Sean, Eli, and Jack hanging out together on the first day.

Sean and Adam getting walked out to their mommies.

Sean keeping himself busy!
So, what have I been doing with my precious childless moments? Monday - had to attend the preschool meeting and fill out paperwork. Tuesday - caught up on phone calls, paper work, laundry, and anything else that needed getting done around the house so I didn't feel guilty about not having any kids to take care of. Friday - took a nap as I have been sick the rest of the week and am still trying to recuperate.
It has been a little lonely and totally weird driving my minivan around without a child restrained in a seat somewhere. It has also been very quiet - which I like a lot. It is also emotional - knowing that I am permanently phasing out of the baby stage and seeing my little group of kids growing and moving on. They can't wait for more growth and exploration of their world. I cling to every memory and hope they enjoy their childhood before it passes too quickly. I've never enjoyed being a mom more than this year - but there are also a lot of things I will miss as my life moves into the next season.
1 comment:
We made it! We get 5 hours and 30 minutes to ourselves each week - yippee!!! I hope Mrs. Crater survives.
I loved your fair pictures. We somehow missed it this year. Bummer - I really like that "funnnel cake"!
Post a Comment