| After a stressful week, I now find myself in Utah. Home with my family and with my brother who just returned from his mission to Frankfurt Germany. I almost didn't come. Chris was really sick with some type of infection that confounded the doctors and kept his average temperature at about 102 degrees for a couple of days. He was so sick he even missed a couple of days of school. (The last time he took a sick day was over 10 years ago!!!!) But thanks to some loving parents and concerned home teachers and members of the ward they convinced me to leave my husband in their care. Thankfully Chris is now feeling better and is set to join us here in Utah tonight. My adventure to Utah began on Wednesday, January 9th. That is when I flew with all three kids into Salt Lake City Utah. The flight plans worked out that my dad would arrive at the airport around 6:30pm from Las Vegas (where he is currently working), my brother Ian (Elder Hansen) would be arriving at 8:00pm and our flight was to land at 8:30pm. That meant that my dad could meet Ian at the gate (something you don't get to do any more) and then my dad and Ian would meet us at our gate. And my poor mum (who is of course dying to see her baby home) would be left behind the security line awaiting for all of us. But of course, that is not how things turned out. They worked out even better! Before I left Spokane I suggested that my dad look into getting a special pass for my mum to "help a single mom with three kids." My dad arrived on time, my mum got the special pass, but my brother's plane was delayed two and a half hours. So my mum and dad met me and the kids from our terminal. They then took us to eat at Burger King. And then we hung out in the play areas of the airport for 2 hours!!!! (My dad suggested we just let the airlines collect our discarded luggage and that we could collect it later - I trusted in him but was a little nervous about it - but it all worked out). So, two hours later, when my brother's plane finally arrived, he was greeted by my mum and dad and then the kids and I jumped out at him from the play area. It was really fun!!!!! Then we all walked him down to the baggage area where all his friends loudly greeted and hugged him. By the time we finished greeting, collecting luggage, and getting cars it was pretty late. We arrived home around midnight and then by the time I got suitcases in and unpacked, got the kids settled down (from running around wildly) and ready for bed, and watched my brother open his Christmas presents it was 1:30am!!!!!!! (And I already hadn't slept for two days because of taking care of Chris.) Needless to say I fell fast asleep!!!! But what a great day!!!! Can't believe my baby brother is home. More adventures awaited us the next day! My brother was to be released by the Stake President at 7:30 am. The kids actually slept till about 8:30am (7:30 Spokane time). I heard them wake up and go down stairs and expected them to come and wake me up any minute when they couldn't find nanny or grandpa or Ian because they were gone. But they didn't come back up- so I thought maybe they came home already. But I didn't hear any grown ups downstairs. So, eventually I got out of bed to see what the kids were up to. Sean had been a tornado and had gotten every toy and game he could get is hands on and they were scattered all over downstairs. Chad and Halle had invited in the stray cats that live in the backyard in for some cat food and personal grooming (my kids are pet deprived). So I quickly set everything straight, feed the kids some breakfast and got them all dressed for the day. I finally hit the shower and when I came out Halle was crying. She said her eyes hurt. I ignored her for a few minutes and then finally took a look. She had a right to be crying!!!! Her eyes were all red, puffy, and welts were forming all around them. That's when I remembered she was allergic to cats (we only found out last time we visited). So I put some cold compresses on her eyes until we could get her some eye drops and bendryl. We finally got her feeling better and then she started crying again. When asked what was wrong now, she responded that she was so sad that she had to be allergic to cats because she loves them so much. The rest of the day was the usual - Chad and Halle milking nanny for attention and Sean being a tornado where ever he went. I finally left the kids with my mum to go on a shopping trip to good old Seagull and Deseret book stores. An hour into my trip I got a call from my mum. She said she had very sad news. So, my heart stopped a little, I didn't think any of my kids were hurt or their would have been more panic in her voice, so my next guess is that the cat had died. No, the cat was fine but the TV had died. Apparently my brother Ian came home with a wii a friend had let him borrow. Being the fun uncle that he is he thought my kids would like to play. So, he set it up in the family room on the nice new, huge, flat screen TV my parents had recently purchased. He set it up for bowling, grabbed a controller for himself, and then gave a controller to Chad. Neither had the wrist bands on. So, I am sure you know what happened next. Chad gave a nice big swing of his arm when it was his turn to bowl and CRASH!!! The controller went flying into the TV and cracked the screen. Needless to say all the fun came to an end for the rest of the evening. So, today is a new day and I am hoping for a little less excitement than yesterday. I hope our biggest adventure will be going to the Bean Museum at BYU and then picking up daddy at the airport. |
Friday, January 11, 2008
I'm In Utah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a fun trip! I'm glad you got to be there to greet your brother. We always hit the Seagull stores too. Tyler's Uncle Lew owns them and Covenant Recording/Publishing. Thanks for supporting the fam!! ;)
Post a Comment