100 ~ Kidney Stones
Congratulations to Chris Caviness, who passed a kidney stone in the early hours of the morning of January 30th, 2008. This stone (just one of twins) has been trying to come for a couple of months and has caused several days of pain and inconvenience over the last several weeks. It is the biggest stone yet that he has passed. It is very disgusting and will be kept in a medical jar until further notice.
The top stone is the largest one Chris passed several years ago. The bottom one is the stone he passed this morning. It is a good 7mm in length and about 5mm in height. Chris is really good at kidney stones!!!!200 ~ Loose Tooth
Halle Ann Caviness just keeps on growing and getting bigger. At 5 1/2 years of age she has grown out of most of her school clothes purchased at the beginning of the school year. Plus, she has been introduced to the tooth fairy and really likes it. She lost her first tooth on January 9th, the day we left for Utah and enjoyed showing off the gap in her smile to everyone she came in contact with. She was also extremely excited that the tooth fairy came and left her some money.
Since the beginning of a wiggly tooth, Halle has had a plan to catch the tooth fairy. When asked why she wanted to do that, she replied that she wanted to catch the tooth fairy so she could steal her magic wand. Asked why she would do such a thing, she innocently responded that she needed a real magic wand that really worked so that she could make daddy feel better (from his bad fevers).
It was not long after that she lost tooth #2. She is a very good tooth wigglier but had mom give the final tug. Again, the tooth was collected and money left. But the tooth fairy is very elusive and Halle was not able to catch her yet again. Halle can't wait for another loose tooth.
Happily holding her lost tooth and getting excited for the tooth fairy to come.

Missing her two bottom front teeth and showing off a nice red cool-aid smile.
300 ~ Pull-Ups
There are no longer any pull-ups or diapers at my house!!!!!!!! Sean (the baby of the family) has been working on being potty trained for over a year now. He finally gets it!!!!!!!!!!!
It has been a catch22 lately. Sean keeps having accidents, so Lara keeps putting him in pull-ups (especially for preschool). But when he has pull-ups on he knows he can wee in his pants. And then when he has them off, he forgets he doesn't have them on and wees in his pants. So, finally we went cold turkey and cut out the pull ups (Lara has said she would do this the last 3 times we ran out of pull-ups but then went and bought some more). But when we ran out of pull-ups last week Lara bought no more.
Sean has been doing great!!!! Only one day time accident and he has had one successful night so far. We are hoping he will get the night time potty training fairly soon too. Can't believe there are no more babies at my house!

Sean practicing way back in April 2007, we thought he was going to be a fast learner. Just took another 9 months.
8 comments:
Congratulations Halle, Sean and Chris! What an exciting month for your family.
hmmm - I just noticed we're all doing a lot of blogging lately. I wonder if it has anything to do with the "snow days"! :-)
I finally got my internet back. I can't believe Chris passed the stone after we were just talking about it.
Aria is jealous of Halle's teeth. She keeps having long discussions about it with me. "Halle is 5 and I'm 5, and she has wiggly teeth, why don't I have wiggly teeth yet? Am I going to soon? When does it start?" etc, etc.
Congrats to the whole family! Those are some big milestones and as far as Chris is concerned, he just gets a shake of my head. Ouch.
Ouch! I don't even know what to say to Chris except, "Oh my goodness". I had no idea stones were so nasty and jagged looking. That must have been extremely painful. I hope he is feeling better now. Let us know when you want to play pinochle...we are game anything!
Holy Moly!! Those are some serious kidney stones!! Congrats on all the milestones...EXCITING!!
Hooray! Those stones are disgusting, I'm glad Chris is all better!
And hooray for potty training!
And hooray for Halle's new adult teeth. By the way I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before, but I have some old clothes of Hannah's that Halle is welcome to!
Post a Comment