In case you couldn't tell from the weather, track season is set to officially start on Monday. At the Caviness house track season never really ends, it is just a little more low key, when it is not "in season."
Chris has been working (for free - you know, the usual teacher's salary) at the weight room every M,W, F for a couple of hours the last few months to help his athletes get conditioned for the upcoming track season. Starting on Monday (February 26th) the real training and practicing will begin.
Track season officially started for us last night (Thursday February 22nd) with a parent's meeting at our house. My contribution to track was to spend all day trying to get my house clean and looking decent, get my weekly grocery shopping done, keep on eye on kids all day, take Halle to gymnastics, make sure everyone was feed (one way or another - thank you McDonald's!), and then to set out the food and put finishing touches on the house.
What was my reward for all this you might ask. I was rewarded by being stuck down in the messy toy infested basement with my 3 children trying to keep them quiet and trying to prevent Sean from escaping every 5 minutes.
Every time the door bell rang Sean would start running up the stairs, "The Ding Bell!!!! The Ding Bell!!!" And I would have to drag him back downstairs and explain that it was daddy's friends at the door, and nobody for Sean. It didn't matter how much explaining I did, Sean would still attempt to race to the door every single time.
I made the most of my time being banished to downstairs by finally getting my laundry folded (that had been sitting there for two days now) and getting caught up on reading blogs (yeah!).
After everyone was out of the house (and the kids were in bed - but who knows if they were actually sleeping or not) I went to clean up. I was shocked when I went upstairs because there was nothing to clean up. Nobody had had a bite to eat. All the food I had set up was still there in picture perfect form. Have none of these people been to a Relief Society function, do they not know food is a part of having a meeting?
At least I didn't have to worry about anyone getting food poisoning or being allergic or not liking anything. And now I can wallow in all the left over chocolate.
4 comments:
I can't believe no one ate the food! I would have cried. I bet everyone was waiting for that first person to get up and start eating. And since no one got up first they all just sat there with their mouths watering unable to hear what the coach was saying.
I guess the reward is just being able to share your day with understanding and sympathetic friends. You are a good wife and mother to keep such good order and happiness on a busy day like that.
By the way do you still have some of that chocolate left?
How wierd that no one ate. At least you were blessed with lots of leftovers. I hope you survive track season. Hopefully Chris will have great succeses.
I can't beleive no one ate. Next time you'll have to tell Chris to invite them to eat. He was probably so busy thinking about what he wanted to go over he never mentioned it, so everyone was waiting for someone to start. At least you didn't have to clean up. You're seriously such a great sport. Hopefully track season will go by quickly and painlessly!
This sounds very mournful. Even worse, to be in the basement. You are a great wife. And hey...more food for you.:)
Post a Comment