Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Thoughts About Snow



I got spoiled this weekend with the nice teasing of spring weather. But today as I took Chad to the bus stop I realized it was still winter. I pulled my coat tightly around me and made sure that my hood did the best possible job of keeping out the rain, wind, and cold. But I still had to dance around a little to keep warm.

But even though it was cold I was glad for the rain. I love rain!!!!! (Must be that English blood in me). And it, in my warm opinion, is much better than snow. I am just not a snow and cold gal.

The following are thoughts that usually come when the snow first arrives and then continues to arrive throughout winter.

Chris: I knew this year would be a good one. Gotta make sure the kids understand what a real winter is all about. I'll also make a man out of Chad by making him my official snow shoveling partner. Hey if the snow gets really deep and lasts for a long time maybe I can finally talk Lara into letting me buy a snow blower this year. And what is all this fuss over studded snow tires, I don't even need plain snow tires, regular tires are good enough for a Spokane born native like me.

Lara: Snow! Look how pretty - I love how it falls in the trees - just like a postcard picture. Oh **&%$%%^ I gotta drive in that stuff today. If only I had snow tires. &^%#**#* SNOW!!!!!!!! Why can't it just snow in the mountains. Oh, just looking at it is making me cold. I think I will hibernate the rest of the winter.

Chad: Snow! Wahoo. Mom, can I go make a snowman? Can I go sledding?! Did you know that I can make 20 snow angels in the front yard? Mom, you want to have a snow ball fight outside with me?

Halle: Oh, snow. Now let's see, what should I wear? I know, I will wear my pink jeans with my princess top - those will go with my beautiful strawberry shortcake snow boots. Then I will put on my fluffy pink coat, but not use the hood of course, because that will mess up my hair. Last I will cover my neck with my pretty pink and purple scarf and then put on my silky, shiny, pink gloves. Okay, now who will be watching me be beautiful in the snow?

Sean: Snow? What is snow. Wow, what cool white stuff. I wonder what it can do? Should I bring it inside? Should I throw it at mom? What if I put some in the van or stuff it in my bike? Hmmm, it is really cold. I wonder what it tastes like. Yum!!!!! Lunch time - I love this stuff. Should I try the yellow snow or the black snow next?

I'm glad it rained today. Looking at the weather forecast for the next week is making me pretty sad. And now you know what thoughts will be going through all of our heads as it snows again. I will just have to keep hoping for sunshine soon.

3 comments:

Misty said...

I'm with you. Snow is not my friend. Rain, I can do. I even enjoy rain at times. But snow. Yuck.

andrea said...

I don't mind the snow too much until this time of year. It gets really old and I'm ready for some sunshine.

Lucy said...

I love snow. But it's become passe. Time to move on to sunnier and warmer days. I loved everyone's perspective though.