
We finally had the perfect day for some sledding. Chris was home, there was snow on the ground, nobody was sick and it wasn't bitterly cold. So I sucked in my hatred of evil snow and decided to have fun.
We went to the hill at Chase Middle School. We thought lots of people would be there, as usual, but today we had it all for ourselves. The only other people there were going inside for basketball or something. It was so great today that most of the time our sledding took us up over the pavement and into the parking lot. Chris and Chad ended up the farthest, with actually touching a parked car. The scariest moment was when I had just sent Chad and Halle down, they went over the pavement and into the parking lot just as a car started driving across the parking lot. Luckily it saw the kids just in time and stopped about a foot away from the tube. (I didn't get a picture of that as I was too busy panicking and screaming.)
We never were able to do any sledding last year. Plenty of excuses: no snow, not the right kind of snow, snow but way too cold, no Chris around to help, etc.
The year before we all went but it was not fun. All I remember is huffing and puffing up the hill while holding Sean (6 or 7 months old) in one arm, holding the tube in the other arm, and somehow also helping Chad (4) and Halle (2) up the hill too.
But this year was great. All the kids were able to walk up by themselves (what a difference a couple of years makes). The kids all wanted to go again tomorrow, but I had to sadly remind them that tomorrow was Sunday.
Halle enjoys her ride down - shrieking with joy all the way.
Dad with the boys.
Down come the boys - don't hit mom!
Chad - pretty proud after his solo run.
Dad and Halle make it into the parking lot.
Mom, Sean and Halle make it into the parking lot too(and look, I am having fun).
All the kids (chad hidden in the middle).
Chad and Halle having fun together (verses fighting).
Sean about to take his first solo.
Down he comes!
He just barely makes it into the parking lot. Way to go Sean!
Halle ready to go again.
Sean is ready to go again too. What a big helper.
5 comments:
Looks like a fun day. You got lots of great pictures. It didn't even cross my mind to go sledding today. I'm so sick of winter. Way to embrace the snow.
What a great idea. We didn't even think to go sledding Saturday. It looks like you had a blast. It might be your last chance of the season, so good thing you took it. I'm so ready for summer!!!
We haven't gone sledding once this year. Sad. Way to embrace the snow. I admit to being sad when it started to come down. Spring...come already!
We went once this year, the next day Gabe came down with the flu. We havn't gone again. lol.
We also went sledding on Saturday at Chase, but we went later and on the hill on the other end. It looks like everyone had fun!
Post a Comment